by Kathleen Gage
Using social media to market your digital products is a must do. This goes without saying for most people, but the difficult part for many people is knowing which social media to focus on and how to optimize what they are doing.
We’ve all heard that for a good majority of people the standard fair works:
One that’s been under the radar is SlideShare. SlideShare is the world’s largest community for sharing presentations. With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million pageviews, it is among the most visited 200 websites in the world. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.
lmagine getting just a tiny slice of the SlideShare pie.
Until about a month ago I had no idea how valuable SlideShare could be for positioning my message and reaching my market. Now it is a regular part of my overall marketing strategy.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of SlideShare.
- Give your presentation a name with keywords your market uses in their searches.
- The content on your slides is automatically transcribed, which will boost your SEO. As with the title, use keywords throughout your presentation.
- Use images in your presentation especially on the title slide. This is more engaging to your viewers.
- Add a slide or two with a URL directing viewers to an opt in page. If your presentation is outstanding viewers will definitely want more of you.
- Put a promotion strategy in place before publishing your presentation.
- Promote your presentation once it’s uploaded on SlideShare. This will increase views which increases position.
The video below explains more about using SlideShare.
As you can see, SlideShare is gaining in popularity and usefulness. For anything you want to promote SlideShare is a must do.
This article was originally published on The Future of Ink and is reprinted here in its entirety for our Magnolia Media Network readers.